[eepro100] Intel 815EFV

Alf elvin@elvin.net
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 10:54:40 +0800 (SGT)

Hello,

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Donald Becker wrote:
> > 	The network interface is acting up though. (I've tested the 2.2.19
> > kernel eepro100, 2.4.6 eepro100, and the ftp.scyld.com's v1.15 drivers,
> > all the *same* results)
> Intel claims that it's fully backwards compatible with the previous
> chips...
	That's what they said about the soundchip on the board too. And
that took quite a long time to figure the problem out :P

> > 	Note that this happens only on linux. The windows drivers works
> > fine on the first boot,etc... *grrr*
> Intel writes the Windows driver.  Of course it has the fixes for the
> bugs that they don't admit to.  It takes us weeks to figure out the bugs
> and how to work around them.
>
> What does eepro100-diag report when the interface isn't working?
> Are there any log messages?

	I must admit, i'm boggled by the eepro100-diag's outputs and
options available. What are the flags i should use to see the device's
status ? Should I use eepro100-diag when the device is active ? or should
i down the device then run eepro100-diag ?

Elvin
-