[eepro100] 2.4.x: eepro100 does not survive warm boot

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:43:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Stefan Hoffmeister wrote:

> : On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 14:18:41 -0400 (EDT), Donald Becker wrote:
>
> >You should be running my driver.  The pci-scan layer includes the PCI/ACPI
> >power management support code.  This is especially useful on the Z505.
>
> I wish I were able to do that :-/ First of all, I get these compilation
> errors on RedHat 7.1 (gcc 2.96-85):

Ohh, sorry, I missed that you were running the 2.4 kernel.
Nominally the 2.4 kernel should have PCI power management support, but
we don't test the 2.4 kernel so I don't know what is happening in your
case.

> Although this is addressed in your documentation, the fundamental reason
> for the breakage seems to be in
>
>   kern_compat.h

This is addressed in the new kern_compat.h
	$Revision: 1.8 $ $Date: 2001/05/18 22:51:18 $
However the driver is still intended for the 1.2 through 2.2 kernels only.