[eepro100] eepro strange lock-up

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:22:57 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Alisdair McDiarmid wrote:

> I'm using an EtherExpress Pro/100+ Management adaptor on my VIA
> KX133 machine here, and experiencing a strange problem. If I
> download from this machine, the transfer pauses after approximately
> two seconds, and is highly sporadic after that.

What are the error messages?
Have you tried the updated driver?
   http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.html

> I note that the driver loads and states `Receiver lock-up bug exists
> -- enabling work-around'; is this the problem I'm encountering? How
> can I work around it? Help please!

No, that's not the problem.

> The (2.2.18) kernel reports:
> eepro100.c:v1.09j-t 9/29/99 Donald Becker
> http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/driv ers/eepro100.html

Note: That URL has been obsolete for almost a year.

> Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a *working* Wake-On-LAN
> card?

We don't have any problem here.  Some motherboards require an opposite
polarity of WOL signal, but the KX133 is recent enough that it should be
standard.