[eepro100] Re: Addressing "eth0: card reports no resources."

Louis Mandelstam louism@infosat.net
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:13:07 +0200 (SAST)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Andrey Savochkin wrote:

> > Well, we don't have either of the above two scenarios.
> >
> > We get "card reports no resources" all the time, with the frequency
> > apparently related to load (or rather, we see them more frequently during
> > our peak times).  We do not see anything like "can't fill rx buffer" in
> > the log.  The only kernel message being logged repeatedly is "card reports
> > no resources".
>
> Does the card actually receive packets?

Absolutely.  The server is in active use.

> If it doesn't receive anything, it's the second scenario.
> If it receives packets, and complains only sometimes, at moments of traffic
> bursts, it's the third situation: just too short buffer ring for your bursts.

That sounds like our situation - how can I fix it?

Louis Mandelstam                    Technical Manager, Infoline (Pty) Ltd