[eepro100] Re: Addressing "eth0: card reports no resources."

Alvin Oga aoga@Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:57:41 -0800 (PST)

hi andrey...

in the mean time....

is it acceptable to ocntinue to use modules for the eepro100 driver
vs compiled into the kernel ??? ( seems to solve the immediate problem )

-- also been hearng rumors that at high systained traffic networks...
   that the eepro100 driver w/ intel D815EEAAL motherboards
   locks up the system hard.... ( only power off to get it going again )

-- had one of them bring that box in....did exactly the same download
   in his example hanging....and worked finee on a different network...

-- sometimes using new drivers included in new kernels fixes the driver
   problems in prior kernels....but sometimes the older drivers work
   better tooo.... ( good for job security i guess )

thanx
alvin
http://www.linux-1u.net