[eepro100] Lockup with Intel PRO/100+ Dual Port Server Adapte r

Michael Barthelow m.barthelow@f5.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:55:05 -0800

I think what he's done is use a bios feature that allows you to assign a given pci slot to a given interrupt. It really sets the assignment of INTA, but that ripples the assignments of B, C & D.
So if he assigns multiple slots to the same interrupt he can make INTA and INTB of a given slot end up on the same interrupt.

Does that make sense?

mb

-----Original Message-----
From: Cagle, John [mailto:John.Cagle@compaq.com]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 2:35 PM
To: 'Thomas Lorenzen'
Cc: eepro100@scyld.com
Subject: RE: [eepro100] Lockup with Intel PRO/100+ Dual Port Server
Adapte r

This doesn't sound right that you can assign the same IRQ to both ports.

I'm pretty sure that on a dual-port PCI NIC, port 1 will be wired to INTA
and port 2 will be wired to INTB (signals on the PCI bus).  Since they're
not on the same wire (unless INTA and INTB are tied together on your
particular PC) I don't think they can share the same interrupt.  That might
be your problem.

Regards,
John Cagle
Principal Member Technical Staff