[eepro100] Intel Ethernet problem on Redhat 7.0

Alvin Oga aoga@Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 01:03:56 -0800 (PST)

hi ya gary

rh-7.0 uses the 2.2.16-22 kernel

generic 2.2.16/drivers/net/eepro100.c is v1.07j-t  ( about 50-50
lines down

rh modifies their eeproo100.c

i too use a modified eepro100.c

to check if the eepro drive is a module or kernel
a.   lsmod  -- > see if its listed

b.   grep EEPRO 2.2.16/.config
	change it to modules
	and recompile and install modules too
or
c.  use linux-2.4.0 kernel ... works ok...out of the box...

have fun
alvin

configure /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
	ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1   for the two NICs