[eepro100] Ok, I'm fed up now.

Alvin Oga aoga@Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 04:09:48 -0800 (PST)

hi ya rob

are you local in silly-vally ( sf bay area ??? )

the intel D815EEAAL is fine...with on board NIC...

the one time i heard of a complaint that it hung up during ftp
was they were on a DSL line... told um bring it into my office
and no problem...ftp the kernels ... no problmes...no lock ups...
( probably the dsl model getting it into a wacky state ??? donno

i build 90% of the systems is with them silly Intel D815EEAAL

- if you are using redhat-6.2..... yeah...thats a pain...
  too many gotchas...

if you are having problems with kernels and compiling...thats a big
drawback to building the servers that needs to be recompiled to make
those boards work

maybe there is a local "linux installfest/lug" in your area ???

-- if the Networking is giving your trouble...

	- plugging in a FA310 or 3C509 or Dlink will work out of thebox...

-- once on the network....you can than fix X11...

-- other suggestion..."buy one of my boxes" ??? ...sorry...bad joke...

"have passpaort"....:-)
alvin
http://www.linux-1u.net