[eepro100] Next Problem with eepro100

Infinity2 infinity2@lock-net.com
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 20:22:59 -0500

Hello again all,

    New problems.  Now using and Intel D815EAL Mobo w/ Intel eepro100
"patched" driver in a recompiled 2.2.16 kernel on Linux RH6.2.  Everything
was working fine until I went to do more work on it today.  It didn't
respond to a telnet request from another workstation.  I went to the machine
and did an ifconfig and got the message below:

eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!

I got the same error message if I did a ping.  I got the card restarted when
I did an ifdown eth0 then an ifup eth0.

Can anyone help me on this one?  What should I look for?   I can't make this
a production DNS server until I get this fixed, ya know?

Thanks in advance,

Rob Spurlock
Lock-Net