[eepro100] EEPro100 on Intel D815AAEEL Motherboard

Rich Drewes drewes@interstice.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 17:30:02 -0800

"Vann H. Walke" wrote:

> Supossedly Intel has a driver but I couldn't find it on the web site.  I
> trust the open source and kernel developers a bit more to make good
> drivers anyway.

The e100.o driver you are referring to *is included* in the RH 7.0
release.  I have been using it successfully for some time on the Intel
815EEAL and Intel 810EEAL mainboards.  I believe it's even accessible from
the RH 7.0 network boot floppy, so network installs are possible (though
you will have to specify it explicitly, since the install program's
autodetect logic will select the eepro100 driver and not the e100 driver).

BTW, the Intel driver is also open source, but it isn't supported by either
of the other Linux driver maintainers (the Becker fork or the kernel source
fork drivers).  It's sort of supported by Intel.

Rich

--
"Atheists do look for answers to existence itself. They just don't make
them up."