[eepro100] eepro100:"card reports no resources"

Behrang Khoshnood (LMC) lmcbekh@lmc.ericsson.se
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:59:39 -0500

Hi,

We get "card reports no resources" all the time, with the frequency
apparently related to load (or rather, we see them more frequently
during our peak times). The only kernel message being logged repeatedly is
"card
reports no resources". We are sure that there is enough memory and the load
is not too much for 100baseT line.

we are using eepro100.c:v1.091 with 4 cpu. The current value for Increase
RX_RING_SIZE is 32. I read in one the emails that increasing this value
might solve the problem.If yes, what value should i use?
Is it possible that using 4 cpu has any thing to do with this problem ? (

Thank you.

Behrang Khoshnood
software Engineer
Ericsson,Canada