[eepro100] eepro100 adapters not listing statistics correctly.

Michael Sox msox@soulscream.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:35:46 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C08BA3.DCDB8D00

Gretting all,=20
  Two wierd problems that I am having with my Compaq DL380s.  I have =
three, all of which were running Redhat Linux 7.0, but I upgraded them =
to the 2.4.0 and then to the 2.4.1 kernel.   All three have dual Intel =
EtherExpress Pro 100 PCI card on them.  One is the one that comes with =
the Compaq box ( on-board), the other is one that we added from Compaq =
later.  The first problem is that due to a miscommunication I mistakenly =
brought both NICs up on all the machines thinking that the second =
interface had a live network connection.  It turns out that the second =
card on all three Compaq was not plugged in, but I could not tell =
because I could ping both IP addresses on both machines on either =
interface.   My secondary problem though is of more importance.  Even =
though we are forcing traffic through the second interface I am seeing =
no increase in statistics for that interface in ifconfig.  I would =
appreciate any diagnostics or info that would be helpful in approaching =
this problem.   Michael Sox

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C08BA3.DCDB8D00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Gretting all, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; Two wierd problems that I am =
having=20
with&nbsp;my Compaq DL380s.&nbsp; I have three, all of which were =
running Redhat=20
Linux 7.0, but I upgraded them to the 2.4.0 and then to the 2.4.1=20
kernel.&nbsp;&nbsp; All three have dual Intel EtherExpress Pro 100 PCI =
card on=20
them.&nbsp; One is the one that comes with the Compaq box ( on-board), =
the other=20
is one that we added from Compaq later.&nbsp; The first problem is that =
due to a=20
miscommunication I mistakenly brought both NICs up on all the machines =
thinking=20
that the second interface had a live network connection.&nbsp; It turns =
out that=20
the second card on all three Compaq was not plugged in, but I could not =
tell=20
because I could ping both IP addresses on both machines on either=20
interface.&nbsp;&nbsp; My secondary problem though is of more =
importance.&nbsp;=20
Even though we are forcing traffic through the second interface I am =
seeing no=20
increase in statistics for that interface in ifconfig.&nbsp; I would =
appreciate=20
any diagnostics or info that would be helpful in approaching this=20
problem.&nbsp;&nbsp; Michael Sox</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C08BA3.DCDB8D00--