[eepro100] Intel PRO/100 S Dual Port Server adapter

Andrew Pollock andrew@andrew.net.au
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:08:52 +1000

On 14.08.2001 at 23:27:56, Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Andrew Pollock wrote:
>
> [[ Background: very old Pentium machine, no IRQ or memory region assigned.]]
>
> > > Hmmm, no memory mapping and no IRQ assigned.
> > > Read
> > >    http://www.scyld.com/expert/irq-conflict.html
> >
> > I've already got PnP OS switched off in the BIOS setup.
> >
> > > Note that you'll have to compile with -DUSE_IO_OPS to work on a machine
> > > where the BIOS doesn't assign a valid value to the memory base address
> > > register.

I'm having some problems compiling with this flag set, but I'll reread
everything to make sure I'm not doing something stupid...

> > Okay, I'll give this a shot. Should I point out the fact that I've got a
PCI
> > Realtek card which works fine without any voodoo required?
>
> The Realtek card will work with an I/O region, but the IRQ assignment
> should be common code.  Try swapping PCI slots.

I've only got two to choose from, and I got the same result with the card in the
other slot.

I've looked back over my previous communications and I think I've failed to
point this out:

PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.00 entry at 0xfc9b7
PCI: Using configuration type 1
PCI: Probing PCI hardware
PCI: Assigning I/O space 5800-581f to device 01:20
PCI: Enabling I/O for device 01:20
PCI: Assigning I/O space 5820-583f to device 01:28
PCI: Enabling I/O for device 01:28
PCI: Device 01:20 not found by BIOS
PCI: Device 01:28 not found by BIOS

Is it of any consequence?