[eepro100] Problem with Linux 2.4.7 and builtin eepro on Intel'sEEA2 motherboard.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 19:02:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Ben Greear wrote:
> Donald Becker wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Ben Greear wrote:
> >
> > > Subject: [eepro100] Problem with Linux 2.4.7 and builtin eepro on Intel's
> >     EEA2 motherboard.
> > >
> > > The driver seems to lock up for a while and then recover...
> >
> > Presumably this is the driver in the 2.4.7 kernel, not the Scyld driver.
>
> Yes, I'm under the impression that the Scyld driver for 2.4.7 is not
> prime-time yet.  I wouldn't mind being wrong!

We don't validate on the 2.4 kernels, but the drivers should all
nominally work with 2.4.  It will at least provide a useful reference
point.

The current public version of eepro100.c is v1.17.