(forw) [chris@black-sun.co.uk: Re: [eepro100] (no subject)]

Chris Jones chris@black-sun.co.uk
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 13:34:18 +0100

Hi

* Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com) wrote:
> Yup.  This is a major problem.  The fix is turning off this "feature".
> eepro100-diag -ee -G 0 -w

I finally figured out what was wrong with the modules I was trying to
compile, I had to add and include option for the modversions header
file.
I loaded the pci-scan.o and the new eepro100.o, tried the eepro100-diag,
but I got the same results as last time.

The only added twist this time is that my /var/log/messages is filling
up with these:

kernel: Warning: kfree_skb on hard IRQ e09eb653

which I'm guessing is not good (especially since I'm getting quite a few
per minute).

When I can actually get back to the machine tonight I'm going to try the
card in another box.

Cheers,
--
Chris "Ng" Jones