[eepro100] Re: suspend problem with eepro100, intel 82557

Marcel van der Goot vdgoot@earthlink.net
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:20:20 -0700

Alain E. wrote:
> I'm trying to use a Mini PCI intel 82557 adapter on a Dell Inspiron 4000.
> It works correctly using linux 2.2.16, but after suspending the machine,
> the interface hangs. Using rmmod, insmod doesn't help.
[various other things didn't help either]

Having an Inspiron 4000 as well, I have the same problem. However, it
does not appear to be directly related to the ethernet driver: the
card is a combo ethernet/modem card. The modem driver (linmodem "ltmodem")
is unrelated to the ethernet driver, but has exactly the same problem:
after suspension it doesn't work anymore.

This seems to suggest it isn't related to either driver, but to
the card itself (incomplete pci implementation?) or to the way linux
recognizes the card. Could it be related to plug-and-play features not
automatically implemented by linux?

-Marcel

--
Marcel van der Goot                            vdgoot@earthlink.net
Independent computer consultant                      (626) 792-6619

-- computer languages - systems programming - vlsi design - user interfaces --