[eepro100] problem getting eepro100 driver to work

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:40:18 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000, Mike Schwartz wrote:

> I am trying to get an Intel EtherExpress Pro 100 NIC (built into an Intel
> Desktop Board D815EEA) working under Linux 7.0.

There is no "Linux 7.0".  You must be referring to a distribution version
number, which is mostly useless without letting us know the distribution.
(Especially with the "My version is N+1" games.)

>  When trying to insmod the
> driver it complains:
> /lib/modules/2.2.16-22/net/eepro100.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

That means that the driver didn't recognize the device.

You have new hardware, with a new ID, and an old driver version.

> I ran eepro100-diag, and it output:
> eepro100-diag.c:v2.02 7/19/2000 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
> http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
> Index #1: Found a Intel i82562 EEPro100 adapter at 0xdf00.
>
> Can anyone suggest what I need to do to solve this problem?

Get an updated driver.
Presumably you purchased your distribution with installation support -- they
should be able to help you...

[[ I'm guessing that they won't be able to help, and will just point you to
  the Scyld driver at
    http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.html
]]