Transmit timed out: which driver is best now?

Michael J. Rensing mrensing@uvic.ca
Tue Mar 14 18:31:04 2000

Hi,

I've got a 39 node cluster running, all with the Intel 82588 chip.
Currently, the systems are running a 2.2.12-20 kernel with the 1.06
eepro100 drivers. I'm getting the "Transmit timed out / Trying to
restart the transmitter" problem so many people have been discussing.

Can anyone tell me what the best (current) solution is?
a) upgrade to 1.09l
b) use Intel drivers
c) use Andrei's drivers (where do I get them)
d) other solution

Also, will this really fix things, or could I be risking further
problems?
--
                                  Michael