What does this mii-diag output mean?

Sarah James sarahjames@home.com
Tue Mar 7 21:00:28 2000

I'm having a hard time deciphering this output from mii-diag. The numbers
don't match what is given in
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/diag/mii-status.html

Here it is:

Basic registers of MII PHY #1:  3000 782d 02a8 0154 05e1 40a1 0001 0000.
Basic mode control register 0x3000: Auto-negotiation enabled.
You have link beat, and everything is working OK.
Your link partner advertised 40a1: 100baseTx 10baseT.

The mode of the network we're connected to is supposed to be a 10MB full
duplex.

Does this output confirm that our Intel eepro sees this and is configured
correctly?