[eepro100] Truncated IP and Unresolved Symbols

Hans Williams linux_play@excite.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:17:45 -0700 (PDT)

I have a slackware 7 box with the newest kernel installed (2.2.16).

                I downloaded the latest eepro100 driver from scyld.com and
compiled as
                directed (including pci-lib).  After getting eepro100.o, I
did:  insmod
                ./eepro100.o after unloading the current module.  However, I
get this:

                unresolved symbol acpi_set_pwr_state
                unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
                unresolved symbol pci_drv_register

                However this does not happen when I insmod eepro100.o that
came with the
                2.2.16 source (from make modules; make modules_install)

                The reason I'm getting into this is because when I run
tcpdump on this box,
                I get TONS of "truncated-ip missing 22 bytes..."  I can
access networks, but
                a lot of these messages come across.  The number of bytes
varies quite a bit
                as well.

                Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any further
comments/questions please let me know.

                Thank You.

                Hans
                linux_play@excite.com