[eepro100] Problems with EEPRO100

Hans Williams linux_play@excite.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 20:30:41 -0700 (PDT)

I have a slackware 7 box with the newest kernel installed (2.2.16).

I downloaded the latest eepro100 driver from scyld.com and compiled as
directed (including pci-lib).  After getting eepro100.o, I did:  insmod
./eepro100.o after unloading the current module.  However, I get this:

unresolved symbol acpi_set_pwr_state
unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
unresolved symbol pci_drv_register

However this does not happen when I insmod eepro100.o that came with the
2.2.16 source (from make modules; make modules_install)

The reason I'm getting into this is because when I run tcpdump on this box,
I get TONS of "truncated-ip missing 22 bytes..."  I can access networks, but
a lot of these messages come across.  The number of bytes varies quite a bit
as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Hans