[eepro100] eepro problem: Transmit timed out...

Jason Williams jasonw@liberate.com
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:04:35 -0400

I having some trouble with several Dell 2450 servers.

The ethernet interfaces go down periodically with the following error.
"eth0: Transmit timed out: status 0090  0080 at 31383422/31383450
command 000c0000."

I have at least 3 Dell 2450's are displaying this problem.

Machines are:
Dell 2450's
RedHat 6.2
Dual port Intel Ethernet Express Pro 100
Driver version:  eepro v1.09j-t  9/29/99

Problem is difficult to reproduce.  Some machines eth interfaces fail
regularily, others can take a week or more for the problem to show up.
Once they go down, ifdown/ifup fails to fix the problem.  After reboot,
eth interfaces come back ok.

I'm looking for a good stress test case to run on the machines to
reproduce this problem.  Is there a known issue with these cards that
causes this error?

--

Jason Williams
<jasonw@liberate.com>