crash or hang linux 2.2.5-15Re: [eepro100] Home made 82559ER NIC

Jiahua Wang j_h_wang@yahoo.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:07:06 -0700 (PDT)

--- Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com> wrote:

> The only tricky operation is changing the station
> address while the
> interface is UP and the chip is operating.  Doing
> that creates many
> problems, and is so rare that few drivers support
> it.  (I claim that it's
> never needed.)
>
> What driver version?  What kind of crash?

We found there is hardware problem of pci bridge
ground pins. After add a de-couple capacitor, I
can no longer to reproduce the problems.

I would like to know if I can use low level packet
interface (PF_PACKET) to send raw packet with a
different source MAC address with eepro100 driver.

Thanks,

Jiahua