Transmitter Time Out Problem

Prophete J. Charles prophete@neuronet.pitt.edu
Sat Jan 29 01:42:00 2000

Hi all,
   I am running RH6.0 on an Alpha - AS400 4/233 with an EEpro100 card (B
version).  The card has acted fine until today when I had an enormous amount
of data (500MB) to transfer to and from my alpha box to a windows machine.
In order to do this, I used ftp. (wu-ftp server on alpha box).  On sending
the data to the alpha machine there was no problems.  However, when using
ftp to get the data back, I would continuously get the following:

eth0 : Transmit timed out: status 0050 0000 at ###### / ###### command
000c0000
eth0: Trying to restart the transmitter

Here the ##s keep changing.
I tried using mii-diag to see if anything is wrong, but it keeps tellng me
the link is ok.
I have tried changing the transmitter to different settings but that has
also not stopped the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I should also mention I have built in driver support in the kernel and am
not loading it as a module.  Also, my kernel version is 2.2.5

Thanks.