transmit timed out - a partial solution

Peter Naulls Peter.Naulls@FutureTV.com
Wed Jan 26 11:01:26 2000

I recently suffered the dreaded "transmit timed out" bug
that would occur as soon as any network activity was seen.

In my case, it was with a card bus PCMCIA variant.
I tracked the problem to the driver not receiving interrupts
from the card - it turned out that pcmcia-cs wasn't
setting up the card bus properly (Acer 513T) - and
upgrading to the very latest test version of pcmcia-cs
solved the problem.

I know most people with this problem don't have pcmcia
cards, but this may still be of some interest.

Peter

--
Peter Naulls                          FutureTV Labs Ltd.
Software Engineer             Peter.Naulls@futuretv.com