Error Message...

Angel Hernandez angelh1@home.com
Fri Jan 14 12:05:35 2000

richard@iguana.co.nz wrote:

> It means you need to get the eepro100 version t driver for a start, as
> this has been known to solve many problems with the intel cards. The t
> version is available at
> ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/test/eepro100.c

> Note that it doesn't work with 2.3* kernels at the moment.
>
> If this doesn't solve the problem, then post again to the list with any
> addition info :)

Thanks for the quick response. This time, though, the result was worse.
Before, the error message didn't appear until a few minutes after I
booted up. This time the message appeared immediately after eth1 was
initialized, before startup was even complete. The message was also a
little longer this time:

"eth1: Transmit timed out: status 0050 0000 at 0/12 commands 0001a000
0002a000 0003a000"
"eth1: Trying to restart the transmitter"

The first version of eepro100 I tried was v1.09l. Also, I'm on kernel
2.2.9 - RedHat 6.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Angel