eepro100 driver for 2.3.x?

Patrick Michael Kane modus@pr.es.to
Tue Jan 4 17:25:54 2000

--LpQ9ahxlCli8rRTG

* Donald Becker (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov) [000104 13:38]:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Kallol Biswas wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know if the 82559 card can be used
> > as a modem card? If so, is there any  modem driver
> > for it in linux?
>
> The i82559 includes "modem support" in its feature list.
>
> This is really intended for building combo CardBus cards.  The modem is a
> implemented as a separate system, the i82559 merely provides the CardBus
> CIS support, address decoding and a ISA-like interface.
>
> A properly programmed combo CardBus card should "just work" with recent
> drivers.

I haven't seen a response to my post, which this is a (somewhat unrelated)
follow-up to -- Is there anyway to get the more recent eepro100 drivers
working under recent 2.3.3x kernels?  I've had very little luck.

Best,
--
Patrick Michael Kane
<modus@pr.es.to>

-= Key fingerprint = CBFA 3CA7 B9B7 37D1 71A0  145E 8F6E 5F15 36DB 4841

--LpQ9ahxlCli8rRTG

--LpQ9ahxlCli8rRTG--