[eepro100] Need Serious Help w/ eepro100 Driver/card

Alvin Oga aoga@Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:56:53 -0800 (PST)

hi ya rob...

the "modules" issue is due to the kernel...
and how the modules were compiled..

you can either turn off the "version checking"  ( i donno how )
or start to tweek the kernel and its modules...
and compile it...

since you are using rh-6.2 w/ 2.2.18.... your modules will be
/lib/modules/2.2.18  ...the other one is rh default for its default
kernel..

- take out anything you dont need from the kernel config.... dont leave
  un-necessary stuff loaded as modules..
	- ie... /lib/modules/2.2.18 should only have stuff you know
	about and that you need it for your system

youy might want to copy and save /etc/conf.modules and start to take out
stuff you donno about...and see if it still works and minimizes
your "module errors"

have fun linuxing...
alvin