[eepro100] Can detect some cards on my COMPAQ DL380 server

Aymeric BLAZY ablazy@jetmultimedia.fr
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:44:36 +0200

Hi,

I am using 3 eepro100 cards on a linux box that i am installing.
This 3 cards are an eepro100 integrated COMPAQ board, and two dual ports
eepro100 cards.

This box is running a 2.2.12 kernel on a RedHat-6.1 distribution.
Support of the eepro100 cards it's done by module with the latest driver
revision :

eepro100.c:v1.10a 4/15/00 Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>
  http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.html

For now i only use one of this card for installation purpose ... eth0

I detect the first 3 ports corresponding to the COMPAQ NIC and the first
dual port NIC corresponding to
(eth0, eth1 and eth2)
I never detect for now the last dual port NIC corresponding to the eth3,
eth4 ports.

Tweaking BIOS setting, i am able to change the IRQ settings of this 3 ports
but nothing else about the last card.

Does anybody have some explanation of this ?
How can i make this 5 ports server works ?

Thanks in advance.

Aymeric BLAZY
Exploitation - Jetmultimedia Hosting - 04.78.17.16.40
51, rue Montgolfier
69006 Lyon
WWW   : http://www.jetmultimedia.fr