[eepro100] Re: Compaq Proliant DL360 on-board eepro

Patrick Schaaf bof@bof.de
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:18:41 +0200

Hi all,

to clear up any confusion I might have caused:

> > > Could you check your /proc/interrupts?
> > You are correct; there are neither transmit nor receive interrupts.
> Go to test7-pre4.

Thanks to Glenn Sorensen of Compaq, who pointed me to the correct
way to use the SmartStart CD, creating a set of system configuration
disks, which in turn allow setting the OS type to "Linux". The machine
was set to "NT"; and the setting influences the way interrupt routing
is set up by the BIOS. With the OS set to Linux, all interrupts of
devices on the secondary bus (on-board eepro100 as well as an e1000
in the 64bit PCI slot), are routed correctly through the IO-APIC,
and work just fine with both 2.2.17pre18 and 2.4.0-test5 and following.

I'm a happy penguin now
  Patrick