dead card?

Dan Stromberg strombrg@nis.acs.uci.edu
Sat Apr 29 19:53:37 2000

I have an old eepro100 something that I've been using with redhat 6.1
for a while.  It's been working well.

Suddenly, when I boot up, I get no networking.

The driver won't seem to insmod in single user mode.

I tried booting off of a redhat 6.2 floppy, and I get:

<4>eth0: Invalid EEPROM checksum 0x0000, check settings before activating this device!
<3>Self test failed, status ffffffff:
<3> Faliure to initialize the i82557.
<3> Verify that the card is a bus-master capable slot.
<6> Receiver lock-up workaround activated.

Unsurprisingly, when I try to NFS mount the cdrom, I get a portmapper
failure, even though if I strace the portmapper on the server I see no
activity.

Is the card toast?