Fast EtherChanneling with Intel 82557's

Osma Ahvenlampi oa-lists@spray.fi
Fri Apr 7 03:35:35 2000

I experimented with Beowulf Ethernet Channel Bonding in the 2.0 days,
found the code on Donald Becker's Beowulf pages. I did get it to work
pretty well with Apache and Samba, with the machine in question on a
Cisco 2924XL Fast Ethernet switch, however since Netatalk at that time
had problems, I never put the configuration in production on my
systems. I seem to remember that the 2.2.14 kernel config has network
device bonding option as well, although I haven't tried it (don't even
know for sure if it is intended to serve the same purpose).

Cheers,

 Osma