Having trouble pinging my static IP using an 82559 driver...

Stevenson, Diane D diane.d.stevenson@intel.com
Thu Sep 23 19:45:50 1999

Hi, I am trying to validate the actual 82559 driver we are shipping w/ our
eval kits to our customers.  I have installed Linux and connected an
Ethernet cable (to the card, of course) connected to a hub.  It is not
plugged into any network (T1 line, etc.), but I am not even able to ping my
self.  I have made the configurations through netconf, including assigning a
static IP, giving a hostname, etc.  When I try doing a ping (static IP), it
tries to write and send, but to no avail; it returns a "-1" and a 100%
packet loss??  If you could provide any assistance, I would greatly
apprecicate it!  BTW, I received your email address from the
http://cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/eepro100.html website, under
Support.

Thanks,

Diane D Stevenson
Rotation Engineer - SW Technical Marketing
Applied Computing Products Division (ACPD)

Intel Corporation
5000 W. Chandler Blvd. M/S C6-236
Chandler, AZ 85226-3699
Phone: (480) 554-5281