eepro100 Transmit timeouts - time to cut my losses?

David Ford david@kalifornia.com
Mon Sep 13 15:38:09 1999

Dr Mark Hagger wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Sep 1999, Brian E. Bothwell wrote:
> > Hi, I have a Intel PCI EtherExpress Pro100 (Intel 82557), and am
> having
> > some problems with it that seem to be very similar to those others
> have
> > reported. I am about at wits end, and I am dead meat if I don't get
> this
>
> Well I've now tried just about all versions of the eepro100 driver that
> I can
> get my hands on, but sadly everything I have tried has ended with the
> machine spewing out continuous "Transmit timed out..." messages.

_please_, i am in the same boat.  i have a client that has a heavy need
for 24/7 connectivity and this card is dying.

version 1.06 of this driver seems fine until some random load triggers it
then it dies flat out with tx timeout.  the most recent version of
eepro100.c, 1.09l attempts to reset the transmitter every 15-30 seconds
which stops network traffic for about 15-30 seconds.  this is horrible and
can't sustain any form of transfer at all.

please please :)

if anyone has suggestions, i'd love to hear it.  also, some people have
said v1.05 doesn't have this problem.  can some kind soul point out a url
for it to me?  i'd muchly appreciate it.

thankyou,
-d

--
 This is Linux Country. On a quiet night, you can hear Windows NT reboot!
  Do you remember how to -think- ? Do you remember how to experiment? Linux