Transmit timeouts in v1.06 (v1.09l is worse??)

Scott Tyson tysons@deepwell.com
Tue Sep 7 12:08:28 1999

Well I have no idea if my system is under "Heavy Load" or not.  I run
Quake2/Quake3 and some low hit HTTP/FTP. I average 30 to 50 clients.
I'm not exactly the bandwidth usage but with 50 clients I'm chewing up
most of a T1.  My ifconfig reports no errors at all, only some
collisions.  The card runs great.   My ISP uses the NICS exclusively in
al their FreeBSD servers.  Don't know if the driver code is different or
not.
Here is my info for reference:
System:
Dual PII400
256 MB RAM
EtherExpress Pro/100+
Redhat 6.0
Kernel 2.2.12 (SMP)
eeproo.c version 1.06

[scott@rand scott]$ ifconfig eth0
eth0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:A0:C9:E8:09:AB
          inet addr:209.63.173.4  Bcast:209.63.173.255
Mask:255.255.255.0
          collisions:2878207 txqueuelen:100
          Interrupt:17 Base address:0xe400

[scott@rand scott]# uptime
  8:59am  up 4 days, 16:22  (reboot for 2.2.12 kernel)

[scott@rand scott]$ more /etc/conf.modules
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
alias eth0 eepro100

I hope this helps.   If anyone has any tuning infonmation I'd be
interested.