Latest Versions, kern 2.2 and kern 2.3

Mark Hagger mhagger@dera.gov.uk
Tue Oct 5 04:34:20 1999

Donald Becker wrote:

> I have made this change.
> It should be in both the version at
>   ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/eepro100.c
>   http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/index.html
> and
>   ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/test/eepro100.c
>
> Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
> USRA-CESDIS, Center of Excellence in Space Data and Information Sciences.
> Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
> 301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html

I know this question has been asked a few times on the list, but I don't think
I've seen a definitive answer...

Am I correct in saying that the latest versions of the drivers as from above,
are for kernel 2.3 (obviously) and is the version in the "test" directory for
kernel 2.2 (ie not requiring the new pci scanbus code).

Perhaps more importantly has anyone got latest versions running under 2.2.x and
found that the "Timed out" messages have gone away!?

Mark