eepro100.c 1.09t 29/9/99 still has problems

Mark Hagger mhagger@dera.gov.uk
Wed Nov 17 07:26:53 1999

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Keith K Chau wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think the "Transmit timeout error" problem is very very well known.
> Someone suggested that 1.09t dated 29/9/99 is very stable and urged others
> to give it a try.  While 1.09t does seem to solve the infamous timeout
> problem, it introduces another even more nasty one.
>
> I have tried it on a few machines with different configurations, yet
> yielding the *SAME* result.  All machines crashed at the end with a "Aiee,
> killing interrupt handler."

I too found this sort of problem, later drivers no longer generate Timeout
problems, but the machine fatally falls over instead.  In all cases I never got
any sort of Ooops report of signs of a crash, the machine merely went into a
blank screen mode where nothing happened any more.  Nothing was in the syslogs
when I power cycled the machine either.

Mark

--
Mark Hagger                                Tel: 01305 212803
DERA Winfrith, Winfrith Technology Centre  Fax: 01305 212103