eepro100 performance problems

Jack Beckman beckmanj@ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 17 21:06:49 1999

I just gotta say, I have read all kinds of e-mails and FAQs on this card and
Linux, and I couldn't get the (*&(*& thing to work well ever (and sometimes
I managed to hang Linux solid).  I swapped the board with a 3COM board in
the Win 98 client I was trying to talk to and BAM! Instant success.  I think
the combo of this board and Linux is, at least for the moment, a big loser.
For the cost of cards nowadays, unless you've got a real reason to keep
these boards (or you have a ton of them) I'd get rid of them if you're
serious about using Linux.

Jack

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.