New test version of eepro100.c

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat Jul 31 00:05:00 1999

An updated version, v1.09j, of eepro100.c is available for testing from
  ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/test/eepro100.c

This test version has earned "the Rob Ross Seal of Approval!" for continuous
operation on our 64 node SMP cluster under intense file serving use.

Major changes include
   Using PCI memory instead of PCI I/O space access.
     This has been demonstrated to be faster than I/O operations.
   Restructured SMP spinlocking, to minimize the locking duration
   Complete chip reset on any detected failure.
     Previous driver versions attempted to do a restart, which fails when
     the chip is internally confused.
   Close watch-dog monitoring of chip operation.
     This change, in addition to restart (above) allow the driver to recover
     after suspend on the Sony VAIO Z505.  (The driver isn't notified of the
     suspend.)
   ACPI power state support, when compiled with the new pci-netif interface.
     This includes restoring operation after warm boot from Windows, and
     leaving the board in very-low-power suspend state when shut down.
     Requires the new pci-netif code
      ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/test/pci-netif.c
      ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/test/pci-netif.h

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html