Too much work at interrupt

Scott Stone sstone@turbolinux.com
Tue Jan 12 19:41:23 1999

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Larry Craton wrote:

> I recently upgraded a RedHat 5.1 system with three EE PRO 100B
> boards to RH 5.2.  After the upgrade we've started getting the
> error message "Too much work at interrupt, status=0x4050" on one
> of the cards (with the v99B driver).  Usually this can be fixed
> by downing the cardand restarting.  But on three occasions over
> the last week this appears to have caused the system to actually
> crash.
>
> I upgraded to the eepro100 v1.05 driver but the problem still
> occurs (usually 2-3 times day).  There are some oddities in this
> too.  The card that gets these errors is idle almost all the time.
> The other two eepro100 cards, which handle light to moderate traffic,
> never report this error.
>
> This is a single processor machine (200Mhz Pentium Pro) using
> a stock RedHat 5.2 Kernel (2.0.36 with their mods).  The
> eepro100 driver is installed as a kernel module.
>
> Any ideas on how I can fix this?

are you running netatalk?  Try disabling it if so and see if that fixes
it.  if that does fix it, you need to find that multicast option for the
driver that makes it live happily with netatalk...

Scott M. Stone <sstone@turbolinux.com>
Head of TurboLinux English / Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc. (http://www.turbolinux.com)