lock-up problems with eepro100 1.06

Jouni Ahto jah@mork.net
Thu Apr 15 01:04:52 1999

I've had the same problem with system freezing when doing 'ifconfig' after
upgrading to 2.2.5. But, on the way, I finally disabled from my
motherboard's bios both IDE-channels, because I'm using just SCSI. Now, my
card choosed to change it's IRQ (to 15) and I don't know what other
settings.

After a long night trying to find further information and struggling with
the card, I just tried disabling those IRQ's that were assigned to IDE
before I disabled it, my card once again changed it's IRQ (now to 11), and
a miracle happened! Everything's working :)

I hate Plug'n'Pray.

Hope this helps. Helped me. Now I'm once again a happy sysadm who has a
little more than 2 hours to install a RAID-5 system and get a year's work
back to disk over network before lusers come to work...

Jouni Ahto