Linux kernel 2.0.35 and Intep EEPro 10+/100B/100+

Scott Stone sstone@ume.pht.co.jp
Mon Sep 28 01:34:27 1998

On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Scott Boyd wrote:

> Hi Nik,
>
> The eepro100.o doesn't work right unless it is loaded as a module.
> Make it a module. Load the module in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit at boot time
> and all should work.

If you have TurboLinux or Redhat, put:

alias eth0 eepro100

into /etc/conf.modules.

If you have a lesser distribution ( :) ), use /etc/rc.d/rc.modules.  Your
rc.sysinit should be running that (if it exists) already.