Linux kernel 2.0.35 and Intep EEPro 10+/100B/100+

Scott Stone sstone@ume.pht.co.jp
Mon Sep 28 01:32:10 1998

On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Nikica Petrinic wrote:

> 5) run 'make xconfig' to include relevant drivers (SCSI and eepro)
>    (I can send you /usr/src/linux/.config if needed)
> 6) changed lilo.conf and run lilo
> 7) rebooted
>
> Everything worked but EEPro.
>
> I downloaded eepro-diag and mii-diag (following the suggestions from
> ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/eepro100.html). These
> could see the card but I didn't know what to do with the information
> the diags provided.
>
> Any ideas?

The diags that you sent indicate successful initialization of the card.
Perhaps your TCP/IP settings are incorrect, or your hub is bad, or your
cabling is bad?

> I am not sure I know what this 'netatalk' is either. I don't get anything
> if I type 'ps | grep netatalk'. Does that mean I am not running it?

try:

ps auxwww | grep netatalk

Scott M. Stone <sstone@pht.com, sstone@turbolinux.com>
               <sstone@pht.co.jp>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)