shared interrupts not working correctly

Gregg G. Wonderly gregg@skymaster.c2-tech.com
Wed Sep 23 17:35:37 1998

I had to use the following block of code to get shared interrupts to work
with my card installed in a machine with an shared IRQ configuration (I will
be changing an IRQ to avoid the sharing naturally).

	if (request_irq(dev->irq, &speedo_interrupt, SA_INTERRUPT| SA_SHIRQ,
					"Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100 Ethernet", dev)) {
		return -EAGAIN;
	}
	if (speedo_debug > 1)
		printk(KERN_DEBUG "%s: speedo_open() irq %d.\n", dev->name, dev->irq);

Specifically, I had to add the "SA_INTERRUPT|" to the exising SA_SHIRQ.  I
am not a linux kernel person, I just noticed that I was getting EAGAIN when
trying to do "ifconfig eth0 up" and that other drivers used the combination
of flags that I was able to get work.

-----
gregg@c2-tech.com  (C2 Technologies Inc)