eepro100 1.0.3 patch

Linus Torvalds torvalds@transmeta.com
Sat Oct 17 03:50:15 1998

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:

> 	Hello Linus ,  Ask your remote fingers (if get a chance) to
> 	look at the link state of the adapter after ifconfig in rc.d
> 	area if the link state light is OFF then get Mr. Beckers
> 	mii-diag.c & compile it up like shown at the bottom of the
> 	file & see if this doesn't bring the link state back ON .

I'll look into this, but basically it's a driver deficiency regardless.
The driver should make sure that the card is in a sane state: that's what
kernel drivers are all about.

Maybe the answer in that case is to move parts of mii-diag.c into the
driver. Or maybe the answer is that the old v0.36 driver is actually
better than the newer drivers when it comes to certain things.

		Linus