eepro100 1.0.3 patch

Mr. James W. Laferriere babydr@baby-dragons.com
Sat Oct 17 02:26:57 1998

	Hello Linus ,  Ask your remote fingers (if get a chance) to
	look at the link state of the adapter after ifconfig in rc.d
	area if the link state light is OFF then get Mr. Beckers
	mii-diag.c & compile it up like shown at the bottom of the
	file & see if this doesn't bring the link state back ON .
				Hth,  JimL

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Donald Becker wrote:
> >
> > v1.05 is available from
> >    http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/test/eepro100.c
>
> This one does not seem to work at all on my machine. I can't test it out
> further, because I'm at home, and my eepro100 is at work and I no longer
> have anybody to fix up any mistakes, but I have to say that I've had a
> truly miserable time with any of the newer eepro100 drivers.
>
> The machine booted up, but never apparently saw any network activity (it
> never got past named starting, according to the person who was there to
> reboot it for me).
>
> Backed down to the old v0.36, which is rock solid for me.
>
> [ My setup is not very special - it's just reasonable high-end.  Mid-range
>   SMP and a 100Mbps network that can be fairly busy. ]
>
> 		Linus

 				, JimL
|  James W. Laferriere  -  Network  Engineer  - babydr@baby-dragons.com |
|   System Techniques   -  25416  -  22nd S.  - Des-Moines, WA  98198   |
|     Give me VMS     -or-   Give me Linux   -but-   only on AXP        |