eepro100 1.0.3 patch

Serguei Koubouchine ksi@gu.net
Fri Oct 16 13:31:54 1998

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Donald Becker wrote:

> The patch adds  mdio_read() at the end of open() -- this shouldn't have any
> effect -- and doesn't on my system.
> But it's inexpensive and I'll it to my next driver release.

> > > I tried this and got "Transmit timed out" within 2 minutes with
> > > Netatalk installed. Back to multicast_filter_limit=3... Kernel version
> > > 2.0.35.
>
> Use
>   http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/test/eepro100.c

It does work. No problems so far, everybody's happy :)) But it DOES need that
little patch to open() - some cards (namely ATX-2560) won't come up without
it. Having the patch applied, I have all the machines under my control
running without problems. The load is heavy, gateds running etc... Kernel
is 2.1.125-ac2 with the latest OOM patch.

Please, Donald, do add those two lines to open() ...

Serguei Koubouchine aka the Tamer < > The impossible we do immediately.
e-mail: ksi@gu.net   SK320-RIPE   < > Miracles require 24-hour notice.