Intel Datasheets (was Re: "Transmit timed out" with EtherExpress Pro100B)

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v+@andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 6 19:39:30 1998

Excerpts from internet.computing.linux-eepro100: 6-Oct-98 Re: "Transmit
timed out" wi.. by Rogier Wolff@BitWizard.n
> Documentation is pretty easy. Call any intel representative and ask
> them for the xxx57 datasheet (I forgot the number).
It seems even easier than that.
I was able to fetch datasheets for the 8255{7,8} from
http://developer.intel.com/design/network/datashts
These datasheets seem a it skimpy on the software side, and only mention
in passing that multicast filtering exists. I also ordered the
'Networking 1998 Databook' (no PDF, no mention of NDA) which may or may
not have any information about the 557/8.

Not unexpectedly, the errata don't seem to be available.