Known max. MBit/s

Robert G. Brown rgb@phy.duke.edu
Mon Oct 5 10:00:22 1998

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Minnie Mouse wrote:

> What is the highest known rate of MBit/s of the EtherExpress 100+?
> With netperf i could only reach 50MBit/s between a linux and a
> win98 box. (forced to full-duplex and 100MBit/s)
> I know that with a 3com card nearly 80MBit/s are possible. Is the
> eepro100 driver not as optimized as the 3com driver?
>
> When the driver is loaded at the boot a 82555 chip is found.
> According to the serial-number i have a EtherExpress 100+ with
> a 82558 chip. Is there an other driver for the 100+?
>
> thanks
> patrick
> ---
> Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net

I just posted benchmarks to beowulf.org showing 95.6 Mbps of DATA (not
including headers) in BOTH DIRECTIONS on a full duplex eepro100 to
eepro100 link through a switch.  This is 98.5% data efficiency (allowing
for the headers).  Hard to do much better than this...

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@phy.duke.edu