[driver-announce] Updated: 3c59x.c v0.99Xg 11/27/2002 and vortex-diag.c v2.12

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Nov 27 13:44:02 2002

First, an administrative note.
3Com Linux driver announcements are now done on both
   driver-announce@scyld.com
and
   vortex-announce@scyld.com
mailing lists.  Both are fully moderated.

Minor updates to the driver or diagnostic program will continue to be
announced only on the vortex@scyld.com mailing list.

The updated versions are available
  ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/test/3c59x.c
and
  ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/diag/vortex-diag.c

________________
3c59x.c:v0.99Xg 11/27/2002

Added multicast hash filter support for the Cyclone and later chips.
  The multicast filter is an ill-considered, write-only design.
  We implement the filter bit setting by
    - assuming the largest hash table, 256 bits
    - explicitly clearing the largest table at open
    - only adding to the accept set, never deleting
    - tracking already-set bits to minimize bus transactions
    - assume that any RxReset might have cleared the list
      (this is undocumented)

Dynamically increase the RxPriorityThresh on every a Rx FIFO overrun.
  The default value is 4*32 bytes
  We increase it by 32 bytes up to 31*32 bytes.
  If Rx FIFO overruns continue we want on each corrupted packet!

Added symbolic names for a few more registers: Window 5 and RxPriorityThresh.
________________

vortex-diag.c:v2.12 11/27/2002

Changed the I/O size in the chip table to be accurate.
  - Vortex chips are now 32, Boomerang chips 64 bytes.
  - The early PCMCIA chips may still be inaccurate.

Added a new IS_CYCLONE bit to some of the detected chips.
Show the bus master register state when IS_CYCLONE is set.

Added symbolic names for a few window 5 registers.

Unconditionally show the station address and receive mode.

If compiled with OPTG_MULTICAST, use the -G <param> to set a multicast
filter entry.

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993